We have a legal obligation to tell you how it handles your personal information. We provide you with this information in privacy notices.
For every notice the following information applies:
Who are we?
The Trust is a ‘Data Controller’, this means that we determine the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your personal data is processed. We have a responsibility to you and your personal data and will only collect and use this in ways which are compliant with data protection legislation.
The York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has appointed Rebecca Bradley (Head of Information Governance) to be its Data Protection Officer (DPO). The role of the DPO is to ensure that the Trust is compliant with Data Protection legislation and to oversee data protection procedures.
The DPO contact details are:
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
What rights do you have over your data?
Under GDPR data subjects have the following rights in relation to the processing of their personal data:
- to be informed about how we process your personal data - this notice fulfils this obligation
- to request access to your personal data that we hold, and be provided with a copy of it
- to request that your personal data is amended if inaccurate or incomplete
- to request that your personal data is erased where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted
- to object to your personal data being processed
If you have any concerns about the way we have handled your personal data or would like any further information, then please contact our DPO on the address provided above. To put in a Subject Access Request please see our patient records requests page.
If we cannot resolve your concerns you may also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (the Data Protection Regulator) about the way in which the Trust has handled your personal data. You can do so by contacting:
First Contact Team
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House Water
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0303 123 1113